Few Technologies That Will Disrupt Home Care And HealthCare Industry By 2022
In home health care industry is expected to be disrupted by the end of 2022 and in fact the entire healthcare industry is expected to be so. It is all due to the use of specific technologies in the service.
Artificial Intelligence is one such technology that is doing rounds and creating a buzz in 2019. This technology is providing a better customer experience as people now do not have to wait for days and weeks for:
- A test result to come
- Getting an appointment of a doctor or
- Fixing a schedule with the home health care service provider.
With AI in the lead role, everything from body scans to any other allied services for medical treatment and aftercare, support to elderlies or young children suffering from chronic ailments can be done easily, smoothly and more effectively.
Service of all kinds and sizes have dramatically improved with the use of AI and deep machine learning. If you consider the different activities performed for a medical treatment, AI can do it in minutes, if not in seconds. In fact, if you undergo a body scans, a CAT scan can analyze up to 150 times faster than a human radiologist, distinguishing acute neurological events within just 1.2 seconds. Talking about an improved customer experience, there can be nothing better to ask!
AI can also help with several other things such as:
- Determining the most effective pharmaceutical compositions which allows a better home care and faster trials, even better than the meds can ever do and
- Of course, on the other side, AI can do all those things that are also required for better home health jobs near me and healthcare such as reducing costs, improving designs of the care processes, and much more.
Therefore, AI has taken out the stress, the time and the chances of errors providing just accurate answers, on the spot.
Use of blockchain technology
Changing a doctor, or a specialist or even a home care service provider for that matter can be can be very frustrating both for the patient as well as the service provider. One of the most frustrating things involved in such a switch over is the transferring of the files or creating new files of the patient.
Now with the use of blockchain technology, this old school process has become a distant memory. This is because blockchain has the power to provide the service providers with a complete medical history of the patients automatically in a matter of seconds.
- This easy access to the medical history of the patient due to blockchain technology has not only reduces the time and needless efforts for searching for the same but also helps in determining the accurate care required by the patient.
- In addition to the, blockchain also helps in resolving a few important issues such as data protection and security.
Ideally, the blockchain technology has helped the doctors and home care providers and at large all the hospitals and even the insurance companies. This technology helps in reducing stress, save money and prevent the files of the patients from chances of pilferage.
AR and VR
You must have a fair bit of knowledge of AR and VR but you may not know how it helps the healthcare and home health care industry. This is how.
Artificial Reality can help the doctors to learn how exactly they can perform any procedure, dangerous or simple such as a heart surgery or recovery from an injury. They do not have to rely on human beings now anymore to learn such things. That is good news for the doctors. As for the patients, they now get better treatment, home care and results.
The most significant thing about AR and VR is that it can do wonders in a smaller scale as well. AR and VR has the potential to help Alzheimer’s and dementia patients significantly. With properly designed home care programs, it can help the patients in several aspects such as:
- Retrieving memories
- Developing a sense of joy
- Returning to a time, sound or experience that was significant and memorable to them in the past.
All these are huge in terms of overall joy and patient experience. That is what digital transformation is all about and can do in the field of home health care.
Enter digital twin
Digital twins are very important technological assistance to the home health care industry. This is because it helps in bridging the gap between the physical and digital world most easily, effectively and productively. Digital Twins have in fact produced a lot of benefits to the home care givers such as:
- These can be used with computer systems and industrial technology.
- It can help in creating exact models of environments and
- These models can resemble the physical environment itself making these as dynamic as possible.
In the field of healthcare, the Digital Twins provide a safe and better setting where the providers and the manufacturers both. It helps in a variety of ways such as:
- They can easily deduce the impacts of the potential changes on the performance of a health care process
- They can identify the response of the patients to that process and find out whether they are moving towards the desired direction of recovery and
- It can help them to experiment on any virtual versions of the system whether it is a person or a device.
All these are possible simply because they are provided with a humongous amount of data from the real system. This in turn and essentially allows the health care providers to know all of the possible answers to those questions that starts with the terms “what if…?”
Digital Twins have been historically used with non-living things such as a process or a machine but it can also be used on a living body.
Therefore, in the end it can be said that the inclusion of technology in health care has been a boon to the doctors and care givers but most importantly it has helped the patients by a significant margin.