What are Nootropics? Are they Similar with Modafinil?
Nootropics also known as “smart drugs” are supplements or substance which helps to enhance the performance of brain in healthy individuals. The term “nootropics” refer to specific criteria chemicals but nowadays this term is used in the sense that natural or synthetic substances that are used to impact in a positive way on individual’s mental skills and abilities. They also increase memory, creativity and motivation in a human being. Such type of cognitive enhancer drugs causes various controversial issues if a healthy individual use them without any medical indication.
People search where to buy nootropics in the USA. Increase in sales of such type of supplements was recorded, US 1 billion dollars in 2015. Later in 2018 in United States, such type of supplements includes some misleading ingredients and illegal marketing was used to promote them. Some researchers believe that, it is not clear that such type of substances work accurately and it is also not clear that they are safe. According to another researcher, nootropics are not able to give you super human mental abilities but they have potential to provide you some advantage.
Nootropics which are recommended by an experienced doctor have stimulant effects. They are able to act against the symptoms of medical conditions like attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy. On the other hand, non-prescription substances such as caffeine and creatine can increase the performance of the brain and mental skills.
Nootropics Which are Prescribed by Doctor:
Prescribed nootropics are used to treat a medical condition like ADHD, dementia, narcolepsy or similar condition like these. Some nootropics which are recommended by the doctor are:
- Adderall, which is used in treatment of ADHD.
- Modafinil (brand name as Provigil) is used in treatment of naracolespy. In which one wants to promote wakefulness.
- Methylphenidate (Ritalin), it is used in treating narcolepsy and ADHD.
- Memantine (Axura), it is beneficial in treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
Such types of nootropics are recommended by the doctor and one should not use them without consulting a doctor. Even such type of prescribed nootropics has some common side effects like faster heart rate, high blood pressure, addiction, trouble in vision and disturbance in sleep. People compare it with kratom capsules but there is much difference between nootropics and kratom capsules. Evidence shows that people who used prescribed nootropics in order to improve their mental abilities and skills have high risk to impulsive behaviours, for example risky sexual practices.
The patients who are taking prescribed nootropics must be closely in touch with the health care providers in order to manage side effects of these medicines.
The term “nootropics” also covers the natural or synthetic supplements which are consumed to boost up the mental performance of consumer. Following are the nootropics which do not require a prescription from a doctor.
- Coffee, tea contains caffeine which is highly consumed buy millions of people all around the globe. Study indicates that coffee and tea contain caffeine and its moderate amount is safe to use.
- L- theanine is also type of nootropics which is present in black and green teas.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are well known mental enhancers. These fatty acids are very essential in repairing of brain cells.