Here’s a Detailed Laptop Buying Guide for Newbies to Choose the Best Operating System 2019
Given the fact there are more than a dozen brands selling a laptop in India, buying a good laptop can be a nail-biting task. It can be a different ball game if you’re totally new into this; lacking the know-how of what to look for, what features should you seek, and what should be your budget while buying a laptop. To give you a gist, there are categories of laptops based on usage such as HP laptops are available in varied configurations.
For instance, there’s a high-end laptop with higher RAM and internal storage along with more number of quads in the processor for gamers and video editors. While on the other hand, there are regular HP laptops which are more affordable and come with a minimum of 4GB RAM, 500GB internal storage etc. for people more to suit a student, an office-goer or simply a person who likes to watch movies or browse the internet using his/her laptop.
To sum up, there are more than a dozen factors to consider before buying a laptop. It’s very important to know those factors because the uses of laptop in our daily life has really shaped the world. And if you don’t have the prerequisite technical knowledge, you might have a hard time figuring out which laptop to buy. But, don’t worry! We have got your back with our laptop buying guide for newbies.
So, let’s take a look at the factors one must look while buying a laptop on EMI.
1. Screen size: Irrespective of why you’re buying a laptop, watching movies and playing games and even browsing are some common things people do with it. Thus, to ensure your laptop is not just good in terms of performance but can also deliver an unmatchable TV viewing experience; make sure the screen size is okay. Now, okay here means at least 15-inches screen. Buying the mini HP laptops which come with a smaller screen is also worth it if you’re satisfied with it. But, otherwise, you should always look go for bigger screen laptops. Also, make sure the laptop you plan to purchase comes with an anti-glare coating and a Full HD resolution.
2. Keyboards: One way to ensure your laptop is worth the price is by ensuring a good keyboard. Though keyboards are the last thing a laptop buyer would consider while purchasing it, ignoring it might cause you to regret your decision. Good ergonomics is essential for any laptop. If you don’t enjoy typing on your laptop and have to use an additional USB keyboard for comfort, what’s the point of spending so much? Accordingly, there are three types of keyboards which I personally suggest: (1) backlit keyboards – makes typing in the dark really easy, (2) full-layout keyboards – have dedicated Numpad keys (generally found in 15-inch laptop version), and (3) half-layout keyboards – doesn’t have a dedicated number pad.
3. The body built quality: Like it or not, laptops are very fragile. Therefore, one should always give priority to aesthetics, body build, and the material used in the manufacturing of a laptop you plan to buy. Laptops built with poor quality material wear out or break within 3-4 years. However, laptops such the ones offered by Dell and HP are made of really strong material and last for at least 10 to 12 years. That said, a laptop with good built quality can cost higher. But, if your budget isn’t sufficient to afford the best operating system 2019, don’t worry! You can buy it using your EMI Network Card. Most HP and Dell laptops are available with No-Cost EMI financing options for EMI Network card users.
Also Read: The Ultimate Personal Computer Buying Guide 2019
4. Configuration: Here comes the most crucial part, comparing laptops based on their configuration. But don’t worry, we’ll make it easy for you. Depending on what things you plan to do using your laptop, decide the configuration you need and then proceed accordingly. For instance, if you are a business person or an entrepreneur, you should seek these specifications in your laptop.
- Lightweight (Below 1.7kg+)
- Long battery life (8+ hours)
- Should be quite versatile
- Processor i7
- 8 GB minimum RAM DDR4
- 512 GB or 1TB SSD
- 14-inch, 13-inch FULL HD 1080p IPS screen
- Quick support from OEMs for any emergencies
If you’re a student, you will do fine with a laptop which has the following specifications:-
- Processor i3, A9, Ryzen 3 Dual core
- RAM 4GB DDR4
- 1TB HDD
- 2 cell battery
- 14-inch or 15-inch
Similarly, for someone who’s always programming or doing other multimedia activities on their laptops; a laptop with the following features is good enough to choose as best laptop for fortnite 2019.
- Processor i5, i7, Ryzen 7 Dual core, and quad-core
- Good keyboard
- IPS screen with anti-glare coating
- 8gb RAM DDR4
- 1 TB HDD
- 2-cell or 4-cell battery
- 4 to 6 hours of battery life
Concluding the guide, there’s one more thing every laptop buyer should remember to make their purchase affordable. After every once in a while, laptops and other products are available at a highly discounted price. Hence, look for laptop on the internet before proceeding further. You can check out the festive season sale offers such as “Amazon and Flipkart discounted sales” for the best prices.