How to Recycle Used Mobiles for Cash
So you have one or more than old mobile phone no longer use and are probably worried about what to do with it. Well, the best forward is to stop hoarding and recycle them for money. It’s that simple. Here is a guide that will help you understand how to recycle old mobile phones and get the best rate for your old handsets.
How does phone recycling work?
If you want to recycle used mobiles online at best prices, there are several options like AWS. They have a straight forward process that helps you get the money for your old device in no time. Most of them operate in the same way. So, when it comes to choosing the right one, it will be all about the best cash you are getting for your handset.
Once you are happy with the quote, you will have to submit your personal details and address. The company would then send you the postage pack with the shipping address. After receiving the device, they will inspect it to match the details you had provided online. If there are any discrepancies, they will offer a reduced amount. If you are not happy with the revised offer, they will return the device and ship it free of cost. The condition of your device will determine if it gets refurbished or broken down to remove working parts.
Which phones offer most value?
Irrespective of the brand you own, one of the most criteria for getting the highest amount is to have the handset in the best condition. The recent model, the better it would be to ask for a higher price. If you want to sell the iPhone 11, you can command a higher price if the handset is in good condition. However, handsets that have broken screens or water damage will not fetch you the best price.
Apple is the leader, and its phones get the top value, whether it is about reselling or recycling them. The handsets of the brand offer great value because of the brand value. So it is essential to recycle your phone rather than keeping it idle at your home. It is also an environmentally friendly practice because mobile phones contain harmful chemicals that need careful disposal. You can visit the website of mobile recyclers to get a quick quote and select the one with the top price.
Tips for recycling mobile phones for cash
If you want to recycle mobile phones for the best price, here are some helpful tips.
- It is important to do thorough research, especially when you are looking to get the top price. The prices may vary significantly with different recyclers.
- If you have an unlocked phone, your prospects of getting a higher price increase significantly. So consider unlocking it if it’s locked to a particular network.
- Clean your phone with wet wipes or soft cloth so that there are no dirt particles. However, do not spend money on repairing dents or scratches as it would not be worthy.
- You might not always get the price you ask for until the buyer inspects it. If you are unhappy with the revised price, you can remain adamant or get the back the handset.
- Some recyclers offer a higher price if you opt for gift cards instead of hard cash for phones.
- Some network service providers also offer trade-in deals for the purchase of the new one. However, keep in mind the offered price as it might not be the best always.
- If you have a damaged phone, consider selling its spare parts if you are not getting the right price on the handset.
- If you are getting terribly lower prices and do not care much about the money on offer, you can recycle your phone with the local charity. It will be for a noble cause that will give you much satisfaction.
- If you have any mobile insurance, remember to cancel it before you opt for mobile phone recycling.
- If you have the original accessories, you can use them as spare. If not, consider sending them along with your handset so that they also get disposed of responsibly.
Lastly, remember to remove your SD and SIM cards, erase your personal data, and do a factory reset.