Thinking About Spending Christmas At The Hamptons? Read This!
Know What You Should Be Doing During Christmas At Hamptons
Hamptons: The Hamptons is an ideal place to hang out, especially during the Christmas season. Most people think of the Hamptons as an ideal summer getaway. However, there are many things to do in East Hampton during Christmas. The festivities here make it a great choice for a winter vacation as well. Located a few hours from Manhattan, the Hamptons have some of the best resorts and tourist attractions that make it an ideal place to relax and rejuvenate.
Whether it is the summer, Christmas or the New Year, most celebrities can be found relaxing at the utmost luxury resorts located in the area. This includes famous billionaires like P Diddy, Calvin Klein, Steven Spielberg, Paul McCartney, and many more. Let us simplify things for you by helping you make the most of your Christmas when visiting the Hamptons.
The Hamptons and the surrounding villages are a lively place when it comes to Christmas parades, lively festivities and a lot more. Some of the events and activities organized in The Hamptons include:
- A truck parade full of decorated fire trucks; this parade culminates at Agawam Park.
- Montauk Point is home to many magnificent beaches that look mesmerizing especially during the winter when illuminated by the thousands of white lights all around the Montauk Lighthouse and the sound of carols in the air.
- The villages in East Hampton host the Santa Parade, with Santa and his wife riding on a sleigh through the streets until they reach the railroad trucks.
- Head over to the Westhampton Beach village to experience the Winterfest and indulge in an array of activities with the likes of holiday treats, activities for kids, and craft sessions, followed by Santa going to the Village Gazebo while his wife tells stories at Westhampton Library. The day culminates with the lighting and a Christmas tree.
- Enjoy the lovely taste of some of the best homemade gingerbread at the Beach Bakery at Westhampton Beach, where you can munch of as much gingerbread as you want and take in the ambiance done up with nice decoration and art in the background.
- Cupcake decoration is another highlight during the celebration. The Bays Public Library hosts a competition to celebrate the true festive spirit and uplifting Christmas feel in a feisty way.
- Ornament making is another great thing to do here. You can attend workshops for all ages, not just meant to entertain grownups but even kids as well.
- The Parish Art Museum can be an educative outing for a family where the kids can enjoy the most with a range of activities like collaging, sculptuing, painting, and whatnot.
- To witness the annual tree lighting, you can head over to The Living Room at The Maidstone that has an unbelievable choir, Santa, food, and toys to brighten up the festive environment.
Great places to stay!
Looking for accommodation in East Hampton is easy and there are many options from which to choose. Many houses in the Hampton offer an excellent luxurious stay in the form off comfortable lodging options with amazing cleanliness and traditional décor to make any experience soothing as well as pleasant. Whether you choose to stay at the absolute popular choices like the Mill House or the award-winning The Baker House 1650, you are sure to experience the best – impromptu at the door service, a polite welcome, any time babysitting, good hygienic food, and a number of other amenities. In addition to that, they offer a refined stay accompanied with restaurant, bar, a revitalizing spa, and all amenities to pamper you so that you would not even want to move out of the hotel to explore things around.
Picking a hotel at the heart of the Hamptons provides you the benefit of having easy access to all the popular places for sightseeing. Additionally, in case if you have a high appetite for a variety of cuisines then being right at the center of the best restaurants ensures you have a lot options from which to choose.
Why not visit a historic mansion
Visiting the Topping Rose House is a wonderful option when choosing ideal things to do for Christmas in East Hampton. It’s a historic home turned into a boutique hotel with very cozy rooms, lovely furniture, and antiques. The hotel has a historic feel to the place. It is surely a good choice if you are someone who likes to visit historic places.
Taste wine at a vineyard
What is more delightful than visiting a vineyard during Christmas? Taking a stroll through a vineyard and tasting some of the best wines can be a wonderful way to enjoy the Winter Festivities. At the start of the Christmas season, the Wolffer Estate Vineyard is lit up with thousands of LED lights to create an enchanting ambiance that enchant you while you can sip on wines like cabernet sauvignon and munch on some light snacks.
Visiting an oyster farm can be a pleasant surprise
Eating oysters during the winter can be a wonderful experience, especially when Christmas is around the corner. It is rightly said, that eating oysters during months that have the alphabet ‘r’ in them can be very healthy and soothing. Stop by the Widow’s Hole Oyster Co., where you can eat the best oysters while sitting at a bonfire.
World-class art street side is surely enchanting
While roaming the streets to find things to do during a Christmas in East Hampton, the enchanting art work of artists grabs your attention and is just hard to resist. Just like your favourite celebrities like Raymond Parker, Warren Brandt, Annie Leibovitz, Cindy Sherman, and many more, you can even have your own portraits drawn by any of the professional artists here. You can even go and visit the Parish Art Museum to look at real authentic art that packs a strong artistic punch.
Skating across the NHL sized ice rink
Summer can simply mean surfing and boarding, while winter and Christmas really mean triple Axels as well as toe picks. Visiting the Buckskill Winter Club in the East Hampton presents so many things to do, such as skating on an open-air ice skating rink.
Staying at a house in the Hamptons clubbed with doing all these activities or visiting the interesting places mentioned above can make your Christmas vacation the most memorable ever!