Know How to Import MBOX to Outlook PST Format
If you are searching for methods to import MBOX mailbox files to PST format and have a question in your mind that, How to convert multiple MBOX files to PST format without any data loss? then this post is for you. Actually, there are a lot of ways to migrate the MBOX mailbox files to Outlook. By following these methods you can easily import MBOX to Outlook. So, without wasting time lets get started.
If you are a non-technical person than you might be curious that what is MBOX and what is PST format then MBOX format is supported by a lot of email clients. We can use this 7-bit ASCII format to store all our email messages in a single file. It can be used with Thunderbird, Entourage & Eudora, etc to store and organize the email items. Whether PST is supported by MS Outlook email client. It also holds email items like emails, inbox, sent items, calendar, contacts, journals, etc. in itself.
MBOX & Outlook – Email Migration & Complexity
Sometimes, circumstances occur when users need to access the MBOX file contents in MS Outlook.And this may be purely personal or due to some professional requirements. But whatever the reason,exporting MBOX emails in Outlook is not an easy thing to do. This may come as a surprise to many users.
As you know MBOX is the most common mailbox storage file and MS Outlook is the most popular email client in use today. Yet, Outlook does not provide an option to import MBOX files. This is a primary flaw that causes the exportation of MBOX emails to Outlook a complicated process.
Non-availability of a direct option leaves a user with only two choices:
- User may either use a DIY or method involving external applications Or,
- Export MBOX to PST and import it in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013.
Both the solutions have their benefits, but specialists suggest using the conversion method as it prevents any kind of data loss. Read the step-wise method in the upcoming section and choose whatever suits you the best.
DIY tricks to Export MBOX Files into MS Outlook
The manual approach requires using Mozilla Thunderbird as a medium. The reason as to why select Thunderbird is clearly because it has a convenient import/export functionality. No, it does not export to Outlook PST. It is just a manual method involving EML files.
Here are the steps to manually export MBOX file to MS Outlook:
- Open the Mozilla Thunderbird email application and configure an email account in it.
- Explore and install the ImportExportTools add-on and restart Thunderbird.
- Now Import the MBOX file into Thunderbird using the add-on. To do this go to Tools on the
main menu (press alt key if the menu is hidden) > choose ImportExportTools > Import Mbox file.
- Now continue with the process and import the MBOX files into the Thunderbird account.
- After that open this MBOX file folder that appears on the Thunderbird interface and selects all the email messages.
- Now right-click on any of the selected messages and choose to Save selected messages > EML format.
- Choose a folder to save all the EML files with the Select folder button.
- Here Import EML files in Outlook by dragging and dropping all the files onto the Thunderbird interface.
The given manual method distinctly reveals that it is a lengthy approach that demands both time and
effort of users. In addition, there are several risks associated with it which endangers the originality
and integrity of data. Thus, going for an expert solution is the better way for exporting MBOX files into