How to Use ODK Collect for Data Collection
ODK Collect is a free and open-source mobile data collection tool that allows users to collect, submit, and manage data using their Android devices. ODK Collect is used by organizations and individuals around the world to collect data for a variety of purposes, including health research, disaster response, and community surveys.
Features of ODK Collect?
There are many features of ODK Collect that make it a great tool for data collection. Some of these features include: the ability to work offline, the ability to create forms and surveys, the ability to collect data via GPS, and the ability to use barcodes.
How To Use ODK Collect App
If you are new to the to this app, kindly refer to this ODK collect tutorial to you started with ODK login.
1. The first step is to visit the ODK collect app download page on PlayStore (ODK Collect v1.30.1 official version).
2. Once you have installed the official ODK app, open it.
3. Now, you will be given options (Configure with QR code and Manually enter project details)
4. Choose Manually enter project details option
5. In the URL field, type or copy and paste https://api.whonghub.org/partners
6. In the Username field, type or copy and paste partners
7. In the Password field, type or copy and paste partners
8. Finally, click on “Add” button.
How To Search For Blank Forms On ODK Collect
For pollings forms, tap on the “Get Blank Form”
By default, you see a lot of available forms
To go straight to polling forms, click on search icon at the top right corner of the app and type “polling”
Now you will see “LGA_Community_Polling_ for_COVID19_Vaccine_Acceptance”
Scroll down and tap on “Get Selected”
Now, go back to main interface and select, “Fill Blank Form”
Select LGA Community Polling for COVID19 Vaccine Acceptance and follow the on-screen prompts to fill all the required information.
How To Fix ODK Collect App Crashing
If your ODK Collect app keeps crashing, there are a few things you can do to fix the problem. First, try updating to the latest version of the app. If that doesn’t work, try clearing the app’s data and cache. If neither of those solutions work, you may need to uninstall and reinstall the app.
ODK Collect for iPhone
If you need to collect data using ODK but can’t use an Android device, you can download ODK Collect for iPhone. This version of the software is specifically designed to work on iOS devices, so you can use your iPhone to collect data even if you can’t use an Android.