Top Tips To Configure Your Wi-Fi Router
Are you struggling with Wi-Fi Router setup? Click here for our easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide on configuring your router! We’ve covered you with user-friendly instructions and tips from connection to advanced settings. Get connected now!
Installing a Netgear WiFi router is the first step to creating a safe, secure, reliable, and strong home network, but how do you choose the right one? Once you’ve purchased a WiFi router, how do you go about setting up and installing it? Follow this handy guide to get the right router configured through Netgear Genie smart setup for a safe, secure WiFi (wireless) network.
Netgear Genie is a smart desktop app in today’s modern world that runs on both PC/ desktop and Mac. On the other hand, it can also be configured to manage, control, and repair Netgear home WiFi routers, providing a simple dashboard to monitor the home networking system.
Part 1: Installation of the WiFi Router
Acquire a Wireless Router
Nowadays, there are a variety of factors that determine which WiFi router is best for you. These include interference, distance, transfer speed, and security as well.
- The most important factor to consider while purchasing a WiFi router is the distance between the router and the devices you connect wirelessly. Expensive routers have more antennae, which can lead to a stable connection to cover further distances.
- The amount of signal interference is another factor to consider. If you have multiple devices (wired and wireless) that operate on the 2.4GHz band, such as microwaves, cordless phones, etc., these can interfere with the existing WiFi signal. Netgear routers can operate on a 5GHz band, less crowded and less prone to interference.
- Transfer of speed is an important feature to consider. Newer routers in today’s scenario claim to transfer data of more than 450Mbps. This may be helpful when moving data between two computers or laptops over a network. But it will not increase your internet speed.
- At last, ensure that the router you purchase has the latest form of wireless encryption, WPA2, and is updated with the latest technology version.
Note: Netgear extender setup is the ultimate factor through which you can improve your existing internet range to a greater extent. They are also very helpful in providing safe, secure, and high-speed WiFi in poor connectivity areas.
Connect Your Main Router To The Existing Modem
Once you have purchased the WiFi router, you are supposed to connect it to your existing modem using an Ethernet cable. Also, make sure that both devices are adequately powered and turned on. Once done, connect your computer/ laptop to the router as well.
Note: Routerlogin is the local web address to connect your router to the computer.
Mywifiext or mywifiext.net is the local web address connecting the Netgear WiFi range extender with the computer or laptop. And mywifiext.net local is the web address that connects your iOS, iPhone, or Apple devices with the range extender.
For the new extender setup process, you must interact with our technical department and get the job done in just a blink of an eye. Have a look at mywifiext.
Part 2: Configuring the Router
Install The Netgear Router Software
Not every WiFi router comes with in-built software to install, but if yours did, then install it on a computer/ laptop that is connected physically and properly to the router via an Ethernet cable. Moreover, choose WPA2 for a secure network and a strong password to continue.
Open Router’s Configuration Page
Open a web browser (any), and into the address bar, type the default IP address of the Netgear WiFi router. You will now be prompted for a username and password (default). Please fill them out carefully and proceed further.
At Last, Apply The Settings
Ensure you click the Save Changes or Apply button on your router’s configuration page when you are done with the configuration process. The WiFi router will process momentarily, and the new settings will take effect shortly.
Note: When the router is configured correctly, it will also help you access the mywifiext.net setup and mywifiext.net login page for the setup, installation, and configuration of the Netgear wireless range extender.
If you face any issues, grab your smartphone, dial the aforementioned toll-free number, and ask our professionals for mywifiext.net support.
Part 3: Connecting the Router
- Grab a smart device, computer, or laptop.
- Connect it with your WiFi router login.
- Open a web browser.
- Type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 into the address bar field.
- Enter login information (default).
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Contact our technical department for more troubleshooting tips.
And that’s it. If you still have something to ask, then do not hesitate to drop your queries and valuable feedback below.